The Institute has signed MOU’s with CISCO Inc.USA, which provides four semester programme by online testing, student-performance tracking, and quality Assurance Plan in the field of networking with the latest CISCO Routers and Switches. Using Web technologies, the CISCO Networking Programme is also a valuable model for successful e-learning. Web-based delivery of educational content is supplemented by numerous online tools that empower academics to manage all aspects of the programme. In addition to the networking curriculum, it provides online testing, student-performance tracking, and quality Assurance. It is our mission to provide professional IT education and support local industries towards this goal. We are pleased to take part in the CISCO Networking Programme and believe that the programme will have a very productive impact. The curriculum supplemented with practical hands-on laboratory exercises gives students the opportunity to put their newly learned skills to use immediately and also aids in the development of problem-solving skills and creative thinking.
More about the Programme
The Cisco Networking Academy Program teaches students to design, build, and maintain computer networks. The Academy curriculum covers a broad range of topics, from basic networking skills such as pulling cable to more complex concepts such as applying advanced troubleshooting tools.
The curriculum is designed to be hands-on and interactive in order to help students develop their problem-solving skills and nurture a lasting interest in networking technology. As much as possible, the curriculum is also vendor-neutral. While Cisco equipment is used to practice and reinforce certain concepts, students gain broad-based knowledge on the operation of networks, the differences between various types of networking products, how to design and troubleshoot networks, and other general topics.
- More than a curriculum, the Cisco Networking Academy Program is e-learning on a scale that local education systems can easily manage. It supports prescriptive learning, providing an individualized plan for each student.
- The Program also includes significant hands-on learning and skill-set development. Laboratory exercises provide an opportunity for hands-on experimentation to hone network trouble-shooting skills as well as critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Academy Administrators and Instructors have access to 24 x 7 technical support. Academies receive the same high level of technical support from Cisco that major corporations world-wide trust for their own networks.
- Opportunities for students are enhanced through co-ordinated sponsorship and internship programs. The internship programs. The internship programs enable students who have completed a minimum of two semesters of study to gain experience in real-world IT environment.
- Scholarships are also offered to encourage Academy graduates to pursue higher education in mathematics, science and other technical fields. Different learning styles are accommodated by employing multiple media to deliver the content – including text, audio, extensive graphics and movies.
- The program also provides a direct route to industry-standard certification. The Cisco Networking Academy Program qualifies students to pursue a number of industry-standard certifications, including the Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) and Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Network+ certifications. CCNA is the first step in Cisco Career Certifications, which culminates with Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) certification, the industry’s most respected certification for networking professionals.