- The hostel shall be open to regular students on the rolls of the Institute. The students who can make suitable arrangements with their parents or guardians for boarding/lodging outside the campus may be allowed to do so with the permission of the Principal on production of a written undertaking from the father/guardian that they will take part in all the extra curricular activities of the Institute and for their good conduct.
- Every boarder must have a copy of the rules to aware himself of all the rules and regulations of the hostel. He/ She must observe them strictly. Ignorance of rules will not be considered as an excuse.
- While issuing character certificate to the boarders, the opinion of the Hostel Warden will be given weightage. The Hostel Warden will exercise general supervision and control over the hostel.
- Boarders must look up the hostel notice board twice a day as sometimes important notices are put up there. All cases of illness are put up there.
- No Student should keep any fire/arms, lethal weapons, poisonous things or intoxicants of any kind in the hostel and a boarder found guilty of having committed a breach of this rule shall be liable to be expelled from the hostel apart from any other punishment that may be awarded on the merit of each case, by the principal.
- Any meeting to be held in the Hostel premises should have the prior approval of the Principal/Hostel Warden.
- The students shall make proper use of common rooms, the newspapers, other allied literature and the other articles required for indoor games. Hours at the common rooms will be fixed by the Hostel Warden from time to time. The common room Secretary and Jt. Secretary will be responsible for running the common room. The Secretary/Jt. Secretary shall be nominated by the Warden in the first instance.
- On each storey of the hostel, a student amongst the boarders shall be appointed as a Head Boy/Head Girl for that wing, who will assist the hostel warden in the administration of the hostel affairs.
- The Principal shall have the power to make amendments in the hostel rules and the power to declare articles unserviceable and their disposal and write off losses.
- All the boarders shall vacate the hostel rooms before they leave for the vocations so that the annual repairs and white washing are carried out. All the hostel articles issued to the students should be returned to the Hostel Warden/Clerk before the students leave their rooms. They will be held responsible for any loss. The loss if any, will be made good from the defaulters.
- The mess arrangements will be under the direction of warden and for his assistance there will be a mess committee.
- No body is allowed to enter in the mess kitchen except Head Boy/Head Girl and mess committee.
- Students will be responsible themselves for any kind of security of all the belonging.
- A boarder will have no right to leave the hostel on holiday, Saturday, Sunday when the institute is closed without the prior permission of hotel warden in writing.
- If the boarder is found liable for high volume of music system/computer systems in their rooms, then he will loose the right to use that item in future.
The accommodation consists of 4 seater dormitories and single seaters. The room allotment shall be made by the warden on the basis of result of the previous semester.
The student must personally be present at the time of allotment of rooms. Rooms to be allotted will be occupied immediately after an allotment is made.
The boarder shall not be entitled to retain accommodation in the hostel beyond his/her normal period of study.
No boarder is allowed to change his/her room without the permission of the warden.
The boarder shall have to vacate accommodation as and when asked for.
Inmates of each room are jointly and severally responsible for the furniture, fixtures, fittings etc. and any damage to hostel property is recoverable from them.
Furniture And Equipment
Every boarder is provided with a chair, a table and bed. He/she will be responsible for the items given to him/her. Furniture is not to be removed from one room to another. Every boarder is to see that no damages are done to the hostel property/fittings and repair charges for any damages (intentionally or, through negligence) are to be recovered from the concerned student.
Withdrawal And Removal From The Institute Hostel
After the general allotment, application for withdrawal from the hostel should be countersigned by the father/guardian and submitted to the hostel warden. Such an application should be presented after hostel dues have been cleared.
Even if the boarder has actually vacated his/her room, he/she will have to pay all the hostel dues and fines standing against his/her name up to the day he/she continues to be on the rolls, until his/her name is formally withdrawn
A boarder may be expelled from the hostel by the Principal, if the boarder is in the habit of staying away without permission or is found guilty of misconduct or indiscipline.
- No boarder shall be allowed to stay in the hostel if his/her hostel fee and mess dues are in arrears for more than a month.
- Students who do not clear their dues such as dues of the hostel mess, canteen, fine, etc. by the prescribed date, will not be registered for the subsequent semester until and unless they clear all their dues and get “No Dues Certificate” from the concerned Hostel Warden. In the case of those students who are to leave the institute after completing their degree requirement or otherwise, their results as well as the provisional certificates/degrees will be withheld till No Dues Certificate is produced.
No boarder shall leave the hostel without personally handing over the charge of the room; loss, if any, will be recovered from him.
Leave sanctioned for absence from the Institute does not mean leave from the hostel. Leave from the hostel for one or more nights must be got approved by the hostel warden.
Leave should be personally secured before it is availed of.
If a boarder does not want to take breakfast, lunch, dinner in the hostel. He/She shall have to inform the Warden or the mess manager well in time i.e. 24 hour earlier otherwise he/she shall be considered present.
Absence from the hostel for the whole night without prior permission of the wardens is considered act of gross negligence and misconduct and will carry punishment. Such cases must be brought to the notice of Principal by respective wardens.
Night Roll Call
The night roll-call be taken by the Head boy at 9.00 p.m. in winter and 10.00 p.m. in summer. Every boarder must be present in his/her room to avoid inconvenience for taking the roll-call. For girls hostel, the night roll call be taken at 6.00 p.m. in winter and 7.00 p.m. in Summer.
A student absent at the time of roll call is liable to pay a fine of Rs. 10/-. The fine list shall be put on the Notice Board at the end of each month.
After roll-call no student is allowed to leave the hostel but if any emergency arises, he/she shall leave the hostel with the permission of hostel warden.
Girl students will provide the name and address of the guardian duly acknowledge by their parents at the time of registration whom they could meet during the hostel specified hours.
In case the girls want to go out, they will have to take prior permission from the warden and enter the relevant information in the register kept in the warden’s office.
Market and outing days will be only on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and except these days girls can move out of campus upto 6.00 p.m. and no night travel is allowed.
For the security reasons, any outstation travel should start at time so as the students should be able to reach their home by 6.00 p.m. and no night travel is allowed.
Entry register should be kept at its official place and no one will be allowed to take it in her room.
Girl students will provide the name and address of the local guardians duly acknowledged by their parents at the time of registration in case of emergency.
A boarder will not be allowed to go for night stay or attending any function in the late hours in their local guardians or relatives etc.
Guests are not permitted to stay in the hostel except in the case of mother/sister, however a separate arrangement in girls hostel can be made for father/brother, provided he comes from a far off place at an old hours. The student must get permission for keeping her/his guest in the hostel. The guest so allowed is kept in the hostel guest room. Their names will be entered in the guest register kept in the hostel.
A boarder keeping a guest without permission is to be fined Rs. 100/-
Only those persons are allowed to meet the boarder whose snaps are referred and signed by parents.
In case of girl’s hostel, no local boy and classmate are allowed to meet the boarder in the hostel.
Discipline And Complaints
Students are expected to maintain perfect discipline and proper atmosphere.
All kind of shouting, violence, knocking, or any other act of movement or behavior that is likely to cause disturbance or annoyance is strictly prohibited.
Dealing with fellow students and other should be very courteous and polite. All quarrels and disputes with fellow boarders should be avoided. Students should not take law in their hands and should try to settle their entire dispute with the help of head boys and the hostel warden only.
Teasing, Maltreating or indulging in any sort of ragging of newly admitted student, is strictly prohibited. Serious disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulting students.
Visiting in Dining Hall, the common room, and the canteen and outside the hostel campus should always be in proper dress.
Maltreating and abusing the hostel employees and mess-staff is strictly prohibited In case of any complaint against them, the report should be made to mess committee or head girls/head boys or the hostel wardens.
Lights must be switched off when not in use.
The use of electric fan is allowed during the summer session. If an extra fan is used, extra changes for the electricity consumption will be charged according to prescribed rates.
The use of electric heater, electric rods and other similar electric installation and for all electric repairs the electricians should be called in.