The Institute has signed MOU’s with CISCO Inc.USA, which provides four semester programmes by online testing, student-performance tracking, and quality Assurance Plan in the field of networking with the latest CISCO Routers and Switches. Our Institute also affiliates with the Sun Micro System USA. Sun Academic Initiative (SAI) progamme is designed to introduction students to Sun Technologies and equip them with skills in their chosen fields of study. MIMIT is also Institute member (I M 1049) of Indian Society of Technical Education, New Delhi . Most of the students of the college are members of the student chapter. The main objective of I.S.T.E is the overall development of students and faculty members through technical Programmes , seminars, debates etc.
The Institute has signed MOU’s with CISCO Inc.USA, which provides four semester programme by online testing, student-performance tracking, and quality Assurance Plan in the field of networking with the latest CISCO Routers and Switches. Using Web technologies, the CISCO Networking Programme is also a valuable model for successful e-learning. Web-based delivery of educational content is supplemented by numerous online tools that empower academics to manage all aspects of the programme. In addition to the networking curriculum, it provides online testing, student-performance tracking, and quality Assurance. It is our mission to provide professional IT education and support local industries towards this goal. We are pleased to take part in the CISCO Networking Programme and believe that the programme will have a very productive impact. The curriculum supplemented with practical hands-on laboratory exercises gives students the opportunity to put their newly learned skills to use immediately and also aids in the development of problem-solving skills and creative thinking.
More about the Programme
The Cisco Networking Academy Program teaches students to design, build, and maintain computer networks. The Academy curriculum covers a broad range of topics, from basic networking skills such as pulling cable to more complex concepts such as applying advanced troubleshooting tools.
The curriculum is designed to be hands-on and interactive in order to help students develop their problem-solving skills and nurture a lasting interest in networking technology. As much as possible, the curriculum is also vendor-neutral. While Cisco equipment is used to practice and reinforce certain concepts, students gain broad-based knowledge on the operation of networks, the differences between various types of networking products, how to design and troubleshoot networks, and other general topics.
- More than a curriculum, the Cisco Networking Academy Program is e-learning on a scale that local education systems can easily manage. It supports prescriptive learning, providing an individualized plan for each student.
- The Program also includes significant hands-on learning and skill-set development. Laboratory exercises provide an opportunity for hands-on experimentation to hone network trouble-shooting skills as well as critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Academy Administrators and Instructors have access to 24 x 7 technical support. Academies receive the same high level of technical support from Cisco that major corporations world-wide trust for their own networks.
- Opportunities for students are enhanced through co-ordinated sponsorship and internship programs. The internship programs. The internship programs enable students who have completed a minimum of two semesters of study to gain experience in real-world IT environment.
- Scholarships are also offered to encourage Academy graduates to pursue higher education in mathematics, science and other technical fields. Different learning styles are accommodated by employing multiple media to deliver the content – including text, audio, extensive graphics and movies.
- The program also provides a direct route to industry-standard certification. The Cisco Networking Academy Program qualifies students to pursue a number of industry-standard certifications, including the Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) and Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Network+ certifications. CCNA is the first step in Cisco Career Certifications, which culminates with Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) certification, the industry’s most respected certification for networking professionals.
MIMIT is the first Institute in the Punjab to have a MOU with Sun Micro System Inc. USA, which offers Sun Academic Initiative (SAI) Programme.
The Sun Academic Initiative (SAI) programme is designed to introduce students to Sun technologies and equip them with skills in their chosen fields of study.The Sun Academic Initiative is an important component of Sun education programmes. The affiliates signed under the Sun Academic Initiative (SAI) agreement fulfill an important role in providing Sun education worldwide. These affiliates operate as business alliances of Sun Educational Services with an objective of delivering educational service in conjunction with Sun marketing.
The Sun Academic Initiative (SAI) has been developed to introduce students to Sun technologies. It enhances students’ experiences by providing access to :
- The latest Sun technologies
- The highest quality instruction and curriculum
- Course paths that lead to certification
- Student Certification Scholarship Programme
- Courses that can be integrated into degree programmes
- Web course access with content that supports the faculty led learning environment
ISTE is a professional organization of Engineering Educators and the Educational Administrators . It is a society registered under the Societies’ Registration Act XXI of 1860. There is a program unit in the ISTE which is funded, staffed and controlled by the AICTE for carrying out specific projects such as Summer/Winter Schools, publications, research etc. ISTE Chapters are forums that deliver most of the services to the members of ISTE and are thus critical so far as the membership motivation and credibility of ISTE are concerned.
MIMIT is a Institute member (I M 1049) of Indian Society of Technical Education, New Delhi . Most of the students of the college are members of the student chapter. The main objective of I.S.T.E is the overall development of students and faculty members through technical Programmes , seminars, debates etc. The college has organized a National Level Tech. Fest Eklego-09 on 8th-9th April 2010. The teams from all over state has participated in the attend the technical restively in other Institutes.