Management Studies Department
Department of Management Studies came into existence with the establishment of the Institute in 1998. It offers MBA Degree with specialization in different fields(Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management and Information Technology). The Department has conference and seminar halls where visiting faculty shares their expertise and the student also deliver their “Industrial Training Presentation” and seminars. The classrooms, seminar halls and syndicate discussion room are well laid out with state of art Audio Visual support to facilitate effective comprehension of case studies and discussion topics.
The course provides students with an overview of the various management functions. Students are prepared to engage the entrepreneurial opportunities in the arts as small business owners and managers. Upon completion, students will possess the basic knowledge of managerial functions in the context of small and large corporations. Students must be able to use the basic managerial functions as controls and set goals, provide leadership, and create an environment of clear strategic vision and analysis. Students will be able to recognize their own career paths in the business of the arts.
Training & Placement cell full-fledged established in the Institutes under the dynamic supervision of Mr. Vijay Samyal (Assistant Professor, CSE Department). This cell facilitates the student by performing following activities:
• Visits to Industries for Training and Placement.
• Inviting Industries for Placement of MBA students.
• Liaison with Placement Agencies.
• Monitoring of students undergoing Training at various places.
Training and placement cell also arranges Seminars for
• Personality Development
• Career Counselling
• Entrepreneurship Awareness and Development
• Technical Skills enhancement
• Employability Skills
The Management Club was formed for the purpose of building a network among MBA students, especially the fresher’s and their immediate seniors. This club provides a chance for students to interact with fellow students, faculty, business leaders, and the surrounding community. The club offers a series of activities to address personality development, professional and business issues that are not generally included in the formal program but are critical to the overall MBA experience. Guest Faculty is invited to update the knowledge and skills of MBA students, students get an opportunity to interact with the budding entrepreneurs.
Objectives of Management Club
• To impart skills for development and enhancement of personality of students.
• To improve communication skills and decision making power.
• To enhance spirit of competition among students.
• To increase awareness regarding business world.
• To enhance the participation level among students.
Management Club Activities
Management Computer Lab
The Management Lab is a place where students can use Internet Services, Printer Services, and CDs on various courses; and can prepare their Seminar presentations.
Various software like PASW Statistics Version 18.0 and AMOS Version 18.0 are installed in the lab to perform research activities. Students use software for analysis purpose. The software provides input to the students in the subjects of Workshop on Research Methodology, Marketing Research and in preparing Summer Training Reports and Final Research Project.
The Management computer Lab is fully air-conditioned and is backed up by high calibre UPS to ensure uninterrupted operations. Apart from the requirements of the curriculum, Institute also has leased lines connection of 18Mbps internet facility to facilitate the students, faculty and management for better networking and skills enhancement. Beside this Institute is also having Wi-Fi internet facility and the students are able to browse subject-related texts on their laptops.
• Ongoing AICTE sponsored Research project of Rs. 9.5 lacs (as grant) titled Supply Chain Performance Measurement and Modeling of Indian Non-Livestock Organized Retail Industry.
• ILO-SAAT sponsored project on Study of Policy and Regulatory Environment in Muktsar District in the year 2001 amounting Rs. 4 Lacs.
• AICTE sponsored R&D Project on Risk Analysis in Life Insurance Sector amounting Rs. 3.5 Lacs.
• To boost R & D/RPS among the faculty and students and the promoting internal revenue generation.
• To produce responsible and competitive candidates.
• To modernize the classrooms by using latest technology.
• To enhance the consultancy to Industry.
• To enhance the quality teaching through faculty development programmes.