Mechanical Engineering Department
Mechanical Engineering came into existence in 1939 in with three year course, later on it was changed to four year course. Our institute was established in1998 and has offered B.Tech Mechanical in 2003.
Our institute have good infrastructure and have all the labs related to our stream.Dept.of Mechanical Engineering has eight dedicated labs. All the labs are well equipped with every machinery required for having basic knowledge about the Mechanical Engineering, which help in the overall development of students and will help the students to work efficiently in the industry.
The Mechanical Engineering Department strives to be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to well-qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial, and ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of the industry and society.
1. Imparting quality education to the students and enhancing their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
2. Maintaining vital, state of the art research facilities to provide its students with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
3. To develop linkage with world class R & D organizations, industries and educational institutions in the region for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
The Undergraduate program provides a broad scientific and technical background in Mechanical engineering. Undergraduate specialisation is provided in the choice of technical electives from the subject areas of applied mechanics, automatic controls, electro-mechanical systems, energy conversion, fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer, manufacturing systems and materials processing, mechanical design, cryogenics, thermodynamics, robotics and automation. During the first year, coursework emphasizes Mathematics, physics, chemistry, computing, materials, statics and graphics: much of this in common with the other engineering curricula. In the last three years, the emphasis is on the mechanics of solids and fluids, thermodynamics, heat transfer manufacturing, design and controls; instrumentation, experimentation and system synthesis.
1) To develop and maintain a strong academic staff base for optimum departmental performance.
2) To integrate teaching and research for preservation and effective application of knowledge and skills.
3) To improve, develop and establish teaching and research programs in line with country’s industrialization needs.
4) To develop and promote quality and market driven academic and professional pursuits.
5) To expand, strengthen and expand collaboration and partnership with industry and other organization.
6) To establish a culture of hard work, good governance in leadership and management of the department.
7) To develop, promote and carry out programs for epidemic and disaster prevention as well as risk management.
1. Applied Thermodynamics Lab
2. Strength of Materials Lab
3. Engineering Materials & Metallurgy Lab
4. Fluid Mechanics Lab
5. Manufacturing Processes Lab
6. Theory of Machines Lab
7. Computer aided Design and Manufacturing Lab
8. Industrial Automation and Robotics Lab
9. Automobile Engineering Lab
10. Heat Transfer Lab.
11. Fluid Machinery Lab
12. RAC Lab
13. Mechanical Vibrations Lab
14. Project Lab
15. Central Workshop
1. Er. Subhash Ahuja- ME 3rd Sem.
2. Er. Kulvinder Garg- ME 5th Sem.
3. Er. Amrinder Singh- ME 7th Sem.
1. Engineers Day Celebration
2. Industrial Visits
3. Expert lectures
4. GK/Aptitude Tests
5. Design Mania