The Distribution of Seats-Category wise (B.Tech/ MBA)
(a) State Quota
|Sr. No.||85% Category||Reservation (%age)||B.Tech||MBA|
|1.||Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes||25%||26||13||6||13||13|
|3.||(a) Border Area||2%||2||1||0||1||1|
|(b) Backward Area||2%||2||1||0||1||1|
|5.||Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighter||1%||1||1||1||0||1|
|6.||Disabled Persons||(a) Blind||1%||1||1||0||1||0|
|(b) Deaf & Dumb||1%||1||1||0||1||0|
|(c) Others Handicapped||1%||1||1||1||1||1|
|8.||Para-Military Forces Personnel||2%||2||1||1||1||1|
|9.||Victims of terrorist violence (1984 riots)||2%||2||1||1||1||1|
|11.||Single Girl Child||1%||1||0||0||1||1|
|85% Sub total||100%||102||51||25||51||51|
|(b) Outside the State Seats|
|Sr. No.||15% Category||Reservation (%age)||CSE||ECE||IT||ME||MBA|
|Total/ Grand Total||120||60||30||60||60|
The above Seat Matrix of B.Tech & MBA is as per the Counseling of 2019. If there is any change in the seat matrix as per 2019 Counseling, It will be notified on the Institute Website.
Fee Wavier Scheme (For B.Tech. Students only)
In addition to above the Governor of Punjab is pleased to accord sanction of 5% additional seats reserved under Fee Waiver Scheme for meritorious students vide Notification no. 13/60/08-1TE2/1799, dated 23.05.2011.
1. That only Residents of Punjab will be eligible for admission under this Scheme Punjab resident certificate( As mentioned in IKGPTU- 2019brochure.)
2. Children of parents having annual income of less than Rs.2.50 lakhs from all sources shall only be eligible for seats under Fee Wavier Scheme.The Certificate in this regard should be issued by the competent authority. No other affidavit/Certificate shall be accepted. Certificate to be produced at the time of reporting at the alloted college. Failing of which seat will be cancelled.
3. For the Income Proof following two documents will be considered :-
(i) Income Certificate from the Head of Department/ Employer in case of Serving Parents / Income Tax Return in case of businessman /D.C’s Certificate based on Income from landed Property.
(ii) Income Certificate issued by the competent authority.
4. The waiver shall be limited to the tuition fee as prescribed by the State Government. All other fee except tuition fees will have to be paid by the beneficiary.
Lateral Entry Admission to the Second Year U.G Programme
The qualification for admission to 2nd year / 3rd semester of the Graduate Programmers’ in Engineering & Technology courses shall be as order of preference as under:
I . Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering / Technology with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for SC / ST 40%) or equivalent grade point.
II . Candidates who have only passed diploma in any branch of Engineering / Technology are eligible for admission.
Candidates who have passed B.Sc. Degree.
The distribution of seats in the various disciplines is as under:
|B.Tech. Computer Science & Engg.||24|
|B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engg.||12|
|B.Tech. Information Technology||12|
|B.Tech. Mechanical Engg.||12|
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC / ST students of B.Tech. and MBA
The candidates who fulfill the following conditions are eligible for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme:
1. The candidate should be a resident of Punjab
2. The candidate should belong to SC / ST category.
3. The annual income of Candidate’s parents from all sources should be below than Rs. 2 Lac.
Applicant should submit Annual income certificate issued by the competent authority & self declaration of annual Income (format provided by Academic cell)
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS
Newly Admitted Students must bring the following documents along with them:-
1. DMC of Matric and Qualifying Examination (original and two sets of Attested Photocopies), if DMC of Qualifying Exam is not available with them, then passing certificate from the school is required.
2. MET/AIEEE Admit card and Result card.
3. Seat Allotment letter (if applicable).
4. Medical Fitness Certificate from Govt. Hospital / Dispensary.
5. Undertaking – Citizen of India.
6. Residence Certificate.
7. Reserve Category Certificate if required.
8. Migration Certificate other than Punjab School Education Board.
9. Character Certificate from the Principal of the College / School last attended.
10. Gap if any (self declartion)
11. Four Latest Passport Size Colored Photographs.
12. The candidate has to deposit the fee of 1st Sem/3rd Sem. (as per fee structure) at the time of admission.
Note: All the documents should be as per AIEEE / MET – 2011 Brochure Format