The Indian National Cadet Corps (NCC) has been serving the nation as an important instrument in inculcating in the cadets spirits of valour, self-belief, independence, valiant, patriotic, and adaptable which are crucial to make the youth disciplined and obedient.
The nationwide cadet corps was born through the Act of Parliament on 15th July 1948. The first Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru presided over the function of raising the first NCC Unit at Delhi on the last Sunday of Nov 1948. This day is traditionally celebrated as the ‘NCC Day’. With its motto of “Unity and Discipline”, the NCC has been very influential in moulding the character and outlook of college students during their education.
MIMIT raised its NCC Unit (Girls) in August, 2013. This unit is attached to 6 Punjab Battalion, Malout. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. These cadets have no liability for active military service once they complete their course but are given preference over normal candidates during selections based on the achievements in the corps. Due weightage of marks is given to NCC Cadets for their General Fitness Paper. Cadets are also offered various types of incentives and scholarships. The NCC programme provides ample opportunities to the cadets like firing camps, drill practices, personality development and voluntary service programmes. The mission and vision of our NCC wing is to create awareness among the student community regarding its importance towards nation building. Associate NCC Officer Dr. Sukhbir Kaur is coordinating the activities of NCC Unit at MIMIT College.
FOUR CARDINALS OF DISCIPLINE
- Obey with a smile
- Be Punctual
- Work hard and without fuss
- Make no excuses and tell no lies
- Combined Annual Training Camp (CATC)
- Basic leadership Camp (BLC)
- Pre Republic Day Camp (Pre-RDC)
- Advanced Leadership Camp (ALC)
- Course at Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Darjeeling
- Paratroopers camp
- National Integration Camp (NIC)
- Attachment to regular Army/Navy/Air: Hospital Attachment, Naval/Army/Air attachment, IMA Attachment, OTA Attachment
- Republic Day Camp (RDC)
- Trekking Camp
- Social Service Camp (SSC)
- Independence Day Camp (IDC)
- Youth exchange program (YEP)